NO SUNDAY SERVICES AT THE CHURCH THROUGH JULY 18.
Important Letter from CPCC Leadership
To Our Church Family at College Park Christian Church,
We continue to keep you in our prayers as we all deal with the current restrictions and hardships placed upon all of us because of COVID-19. We miss being together as a church body and we look forward to the day that we again can physically meet together as a family.
While many of you are doing okay in dealing with the limitations and the current environment, we know some of you are struggling due to unemployment, financial difficulties, the lack of social interaction, the pressures from home schooling, etc. If we can help in any way, whether that is praying with you, providing financial help, or just talking with you, please let us know. You can reach out to any of the elders or ministers or contact the church office.
The elders and ministers continue to meet weekly, coming together (via Zoom meetings) to pray over and address the outstanding needs and questions we now face. While there are still a number of questions, we have initiated planning for how we might restart physical church worship services when that time comes. While we are anxious to see you face-to-face, we are making plans with the health and well-being of the overall church family in mind. As our church family, we want you to know that we will:
- Be cautious in restarting physical church services because of the health needs and concerns for our church family
- Honor the guidance and directives of our government and public health officials; we are also looking for guidance from numerous recommendations from the overall Christian community and through discussions with other churches
- Not restart until we can provide a clean and safe worship environment; this may mean that we may need to initially require that masks be worn in the church building
- Look to our own people and our own demographics in determining when to restart, which means we may restart later than when we might be allowed to
- Not restart until we can provide a quality worship experience given the potential restrictions we may need to meet within
- Start with a worship-only approach (no Sunday School, nursery, or toddler services)
- Encourage high-risk individuals to stay home, at least initially
- Continue to provide online worship opportunities, understanding that some of you will not be comfortable coming back initially when we do start physically meeting together
During this time, we encourage you to take advantage of the online fellowship and study opportunities that the church is providing. These are listed in the communications that Shannon sends out weekly. If you need assistance in getting online and navigating Zoom, which we are utilizing for our online meetings, please reach out to one of us and we will provide you with some assistance.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with each of you.
CPCC Elders and Staff
If you would like more information about College Park Christian Church, how to live the Christian life, or even how to become a Christian, please contact us by going to this link: